For orphaned children one of the most beneficial things for them is to be able to have access to Education. As it provides more opportunities for them in the future. Resources are often scarce so if they have access to a teacher it will be a great advantage to them. Depending on your own expertise and interests, you can teach English, drawing, songs, music, dance, cooking, or any number of activities, and generally just spend quality time with the children.
Your day will consist of teaching for a few hours in the morning and in the evening, and in the afternoon looking after the general well being of the children. There is also the option of helping at a local school whilst staying at the orphanage.
– Any individual with genuine desire to teach and help students and who have fluent speaking and writing skills in English language can join this program.
– 17 yrs+
– Volunteer’s accommodation will be arranged either at a local host family or within the child care home. They will provided a clean private room. Most of the family have Nepali style toilet. Free WI-FI is available at some of the host families.
– You will be provided authentic Nepali meal(dal/bhat) 3 times a day (Breakfast, lunch & Dinner) . Most family offers vegetarian meal. Tea is served few times a day.
JOB AT CHILD CARE/ORPHANAGE HOME
Helping children for their school work
Make them ready for school,
Help orphanage home people for cooking and cleaning
Encouraging the children for extra activities, teach them skills, sports etc
– 3 to 5 hours a day, six days a week. Saturdays are day off but if you like you can spend your time with the kids. During your free time you can explore around.
2 weeks- 300 Euros (per person)
3 weeks- 400 Euros (per person)
4 weeks- 500 Euros (per person)
EXTRA WEEK – 75 Euros
PROGRAM FEE INCLUDES
– Accommodation in an orphanage home or host family, 2 meals a day, public transportation to and from the project, sightseeing around Kathmandu, language and cultural orientation, airport pick up and drop off.
– Child care program runs all year round
– 2 weeks to 5 months